Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Suit



>
>
>
> Billy Graham is now 92 years-old
>
>
> with Parkinson's disease.
>
> In January, leaders in Charlotte , North Carolina ,invited their  
> favorite
> son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in his honor.
>
> Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because he  
> struggles with
> Parkinson's disease. But the Charlotte leaders said, 'We don't  
> expect a
> major address. Just come and let us honor you.' So he agreed.
>
> After wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham stepped to the
> rostrum, looked at the crowd, and said,
>
> "I'm reminded today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist who  
> this month
> has been honored by Time magazine as the Man of the Century.  
> Einstein was
> once traveling from Princeton on a train when the conductor came  
> down the
> aisle, punching the tickets of every passenger. When he came to  
> Einstein,
> Einstein reached in his vest pocket. He couldn't find his ticket,  
> so he
> reached in his trouser pockets.
>
> It wasn't there.He looked in his briefcase but couldn't find it.
> Then he looked in the seat beside him. He still couldn't find it.
>
> "The conductor said, 'Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know  
> who you
> are. I'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry about it.'
> "Einstein nodded appreciatively. The conductor continued down the  
> aisle
> punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he  
> turned around
> and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking  
> under his
> seat for his ticket.
>
> "The conductor rushed back and said, 'Dr. Einstein, Dr. Einstein,  
> don't
> worry, I know who you are; no problem. You don't need a ticket. I'm  
> sure you
> bought one.'
>
> Einstein looked at him and said, "Young man, I too, know who I am.  
> What I
> don't know is where I'm going."
>
> Having said that Billy Graham continued, "See the suit I'm wearing?  
> It's a
> brand new suit. My children, and my grandchildren are telling me  
> I've gotten
> a little slovenly in my old age. I used to be a bit more  
> fastidious. So I
> went out and bought a new suit for this luncheon and one more  
> occasion. You
> know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be  
> buried. But
> when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to immediately remember  
> the suit
> I'm wearing. I want you to remember this:
>
> I not only know who I am. I also know where I'm going." May your  
> troubles be
> less, your blessings more, and may nothing but happiness, come  
> through your
> door. "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no  
> point."
>
> Amen & Peace My Friends
>
> And may each of us have lived our lives so that when our ticket is  
> punched
> we don't have to worry about where we are going.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG — Joseph Moran (@JMM7156) May 2, 2023 from Twitter https://twitter....