Saturday, September 26, 2015

Actress Ali Landry's inlaws, kidnapped in Tamaulipas, killed in Veracruz...

Borderland Beat

Link to Borderland Beat

Actress Ali Landry's inlaws, kidnapped in Tamaulipas, killed in Veracruz

Posted: 25 Sep 2015 09:14 PM PDT

Lucio R. Borderland Beat 

Tortured and killed after 5000 dollar ransom was paid

In-laws of actress and former Miss USA, Ali Landry, were kidnapped in Tampico, Tamaulipas and found dead in  ejido El Chachalaco, Pueblo Viejo, Veracruz.

Veracruz attorney general Luis Bravo, issued a statement saying Juan Manuel Gomez Fernandez and Juan Manuel Gomez Monteverde, father and brother of Miss Landry’s Mexican film maker husband ("Bella", "Little Boy"), Alejandro Gomez Monteverde, had both been killed by blows to the head, and left for dead several days before being discovered.  [photo of the couple at left]

The son, who lives in Mc Allen a Texas border city, was visiting his father at his Tampico livestock ranch. 

The kidnappers, using a stolen car with Tamaulipas license plates, abducted the two victims as they exited the ranch. A second report in the Mexican press says; after they left the ranch and were accosted in an area of Huasteca which is identified by authorities as a point of high risk.

The vehicle was found abandoned in Veracruz after the kidnapping.

Tampico is at the southernmost tip of Tamaulipas, sharing a border with the State of Veracruz.  A 17 minute drive separates the two cities involved in the kidnapping.

It was on September 4thwhen the victims were reported missing, but the news was not made public for over 2 weeks.  The bodies were discovered on September 16th .

5000 USD  demand was paid on September 5, but as often the case in Mexico, the victims were killed.  Following the ransom payment, kidnappers demanded additional money, when a request for proof of life was made, communications broke and no further contact was made.  This strongly suggests the victims were killed within 24 hours of abduction.

Mexican press is reporting, that the younger Gomez was a part owner of a Tampico restaurant, "La Pecerita", formally known as "El Callejón de los Milagros” which was a target of extortion by Mexican organized crime.  Tampico is a city heavy with violence and criminality as cartels war over the plaza.

The family did not contact local or state agencies to report the men kidnapped, they instead called the federal agency PGR and SEIDO.  One line of investigation is any involvement by municipal police.  

SEIDO, is the federal agency for organized crime investigations, initiated the investigation.




The Memorial Mass

350 mourners wore white to the memorial mass in Tampico.

Alejandro thanked those present and those who were not present but had reached out with love and sympathy.  

He asked that people remember his brother and father, for how they lived their life and not by their heinous murder.

He then read a letter he authored and gave to his father five years prior, one that his father cherished, kept in his briefcase, and reread often.

In part it read:

"Letter to my father; 

I am writing this letter because I am at a point in my life in which I am very happy and content and all of it I owe to you papá … you have been the inspiration of my dreams and I want you to know that you still are, that is why I call you by phone and that is why I need your calls... you are my fuel.  

I am the most proud son in the world and you're the best father of the whole world, I love you so much papá, that at the moment of writing this, there are tears in my eyes. You always have been and will be always my hero, I brag about you to my friends.

Thank you for all you have done for me, the games, the adventures, the many trips we made, and the trips to the ranch with you were spectacular.

You were always there watching and protecting me,  thank you, thank you.. thank you!

You taught me to become the man I am today….you taught me, Eduardo and Juan Manuel, that love mattered above all other things....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG — Joseph Moran (@JMM7156) May 2, 2023 from Twitter https://twitter....