Saturday, October 10, 2015

Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18...


I'm Tired   
  

By
 Robert A. Hall  
   
I'm 73   
Except for one 
semester in college when jobs were scarce and a 
six-month period when I was between jobs, but 
job-hunting every day, I've worked, 
hard,
   since I was 18. 
Despite some health challenges, I still put in 
50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in 
seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but 
I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I 
worked to get where I am. Given the economy, 
there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. 
Very tired.
  
   
I'm tired of being told 
that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who 
don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being 
told the government w ill take the money I 
earned, by force if necessary, and give it to 
people too lazy to earn it.
  
   
I'm tired of being told 
that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every 
day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men 
killing their sisters, wives and daughters for 
their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over 
some slight offense; of Muslims murdering 
Christian and Jews because they aren't 
"believers;" of Muslims burning schools for 
girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims 
to death for "adultery;" of Muslims mutilating 
the genitals of little girls; all in the name of 
Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari???a law tells them to.
  
   
I'm tired of being told 
that, out of "tolerance for other cultures," we 
must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund 
mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach 
hate in America and Canada , while no American 
nor Canadian group is allowed to fund a church, 
synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to 
teach love and tolerance..
  
   
I'm tired of being told I 
must lower my living standard to fight global 
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
  

I'm tired
 of being told 
that drug addicts have a disease, and I must 
help support and treat them, and pay for the 
damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a 
dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up 
their noses while they tried to fight it off?
  
   
I'm tired of hearing 
wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians 
of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, 
stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we 
all know they think their only mistake was 
getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense 
of entitlement, rich or poor.
  
   
I'm real tired of people who 
don't take responsibility for their lives and 
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the 
government, or discrimination or big-whatever 
for their problems. 
   
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to 
be 73.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have 
to see the world these people are making. I'm 
just sorry for my granddaughters and grandson. 
   
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served 
five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. 

There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless 
each of us sends it on!
This is your chance to make a difference.
  
"I'm 73 and I'm tired." If you don't forward this you 
are part of the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG — Joseph Moran (@JMM7156) May 2, 2023 from Twitter https://twitter....