Sunday, February 19, 2017

LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER - A MUST READ The Donald has his > work cut out for him!!!



  LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER - A MUST READ

The Donald has his > work cut out for him!!!

Do you know that we  have adult students at the school where 
I teach who are NOT  U.S. citizens and who get the PELL Grant,
which is a federal  grant (no payback required) plus other federal grants to go
to school?

One student  from the Dominican Republic told me that she
didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished
my program, because she was getting housing from our
housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which
paid for her total tuition  and books, plus money left over.


She was looking  into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD
for gas to come  to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program
(check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and
all sorts of needs while they go to school  or training. The one student
I just mentioned told me she  was not going to be a U.S. Citizen because she plans
to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that  she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she  felt guilty taking what the U.S. is giving her and
then not even bothering to become a citizen and she  told me that
it doesn't bother her, because  that is what the money is there for!

I asked the  CARIBE administration about their program and if you
ARE a U.S. citizen, you DO NOT qualify for
their program. And all the while, I am
working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60
hours a week, and everyone in my family
works and pays for our education.

Something is  wrong here. I am sorry, but after hearing that
they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish
- enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. It
was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung
word for word the way it  was written. The news 
broadcasts even gave the  translation -- not even close.

I don't  care whether this offends someone or not but this is
MY COUNTRY.
 IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP --
please pass this along. I am not against
immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like
everyone else. Get a sponsor; have
a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live
by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants
have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!



PART OF THE  PROBLEM - Think about this:

If you don't want  to forward this for fear of offending someone-
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

It is Time for REAL AMERICAN’S to speak up. If you agree – pass  this along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG

RT @anti_commie32: Keep up the great work!!! https://t.co/FIAnl1hxwG — Joseph Moran (@JMM7156) May 2, 2023 from Twitter https://twitter....